Jacksboro in Jack County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
This site became Jacksboro's first park after tract here on Lost Creek was donated to city on June 25, 1921, by pioneer teacher-lumberman-rancher-public benefactor Dan Roland Sewell (1872-1957). City's first waterworks were installed during Sewell's service as mayor, Feb. 17, 1913, to April 11, 1921.
Erected 1972 by State Historical Survey Committee. (Marker Number 4646.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Parks & Recreational Areas.
Location. 33° 12.808′ N, 98° 9.626′ W. Marker is in Jacksboro, Texas, in Jack County. Marker is on Park Road north of Sewell Avenue, on the left when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Jacksboro TX 76458, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. G. D. Cross (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Butterfield Stage Line (about 700 feet away); Fort Richardson (about 700 feet away); Former Gulf, Texas & Western Railroad Depot (about 700 feet away); Old Hess Building Jack County (approx. 0.4 miles away); Old Jack County Courthouse Cornerstone (approx. 0.4 miles away); First Baptist Church (approx. 0.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Jacksboro.
Credits. This page was last revised on November 25, 2020. It was originally submitted on August 22, 2019, by Brian Anderson of Atascocita, Texas. This page has been viewed 130 times since then and 3 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on August 23, 2019, by Brian Anderson of Atascocita, Texas.