Spring Valley in Rockland County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
First Town Hall
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Churches & Religion • Man-Made Features • Settlements & Settlers. A significant historical year for this entry is 1801.
Location. 41° 8.397′ N, 74° 3.809′ W. Marker is in Spring Valley, New York, in Rockland County. Marker is on Brick Church Road, 0.2 miles east of New York State Route 306, on the right when traveling east. Marker is located at the driveway entrance to the former town hall and parsonage site. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 220 Brick Church Road, Spring Valley NY 10977, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Brick Church (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Reformed Protestant Dutch Church of Kakeath (about 300 feet away); 1700 Cemetery (about 400 feet away); 1786 Schoolhouse (about 600 feet away); Daniel Carter Beard (approx. 0.2 miles away); Shady Side Farm Viola United Methodist Church (approx. 1.1 miles away); The English Meeting House (approx. 1.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Spring Valley.
Also see . . . New Hempstead’s Landmarks and Places of Interest. The cottage across the street from the Parish House dates back to the early 1700s. It was originally the home of Town Supervisor Tunis Kuyper and as such was the first Town Hall. Since 1801 it has served as the home of several Brick Church pastors and cemetery superintendents. (Submitted on August 27, 2019, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida.)
Credits. This page was last revised on August 27, 2019. It was originally submitted on August 25, 2019, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida. This page has been viewed 166 times since then and 15 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on August 25, 2019, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida. 2, 3. submitted on August 27, 2019, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida.