St. Michaels in Talbot County, Maryland — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Poquoson Log Canoe
Later, she was acquired by a group of Jesuit priests, who found the name Merry Widow inappropriate and changed it to Little Flower. The priests ran the Little Flower School and used the boat for outings along the nearby St. Mary's River.
Built: 1910, St. Mary's River, MD by Will Knott
Length: 29 ft (8.8m)
Beam: 6 ft, 10in (1.88m)
Erected by Chesapeake Bay Maritime Museum.
Location. 38° 47.277′ N, 76° 13.176′ W. Marker is in St. Michaels, Maryland, in Talbot County. Marker is on Mill Street east of Burns Street, on the left when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 213 North Talbot Street, Saint Michaels MD 21663, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Bushwack Boat (a few steps from this marker); Sharptown Barge Smith Island Crabbing Skiff (within shouting distance of this marker); Chesapeake Bay Small Craft (within shouting distance of this marker); Tolchester Bandstand (was within shouting distance of this marker but has been reported permanently removed. ); St. Michaels Packing Company Warehouse (within shouting distance of this marker); Tolchester Beach Bandstand (within shouting distance of this marker); Thor, Pilothouse (within shouting distance of this marker). Touch for a list and map of all markers in St. Michaels.
Categories. • Animals • Churches & Religion • Education • Waterways & Vessels •
More. Search the internet for Merry Widow.
Credits. This page was last revised on August 26, 2019. This page originally submitted on August 26, 2019, by Devry Becker Jones of Washington, District of Columbia. This page has been viewed 29 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on August 26, 2019, by Devry Becker Jones of Washington, District of Columbia.