Homer in Claiborne Parish, Louisiana — The American South (West South Central)
Claiborne Parish Court House
Erected 1957 by Louisiana Department of Commerce and Industry.
Location. 32° 47.507′ N, 93° 3.289′ W. Marker is in Homer, Louisiana, in Claiborne Parish. Marker is at the intersection of North Main Street and East Main Street, on the left when traveling west on North Main Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 514 North Main Street, Homer LA 71040, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 1 other marker is within 6 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Arizona Academy Site (approx. 5.7 miles away).
Regarding Claiborne Parish Court House. Created in 1828, Claiborne Parish, is named after Louisiana's first governor. Its stately courthouse, located on Homer's town square, was completed in 1861. Of the four antebellum courthouses remaining in the state, it is the only one which still functions in its
Categories. • Antebellum South, US • Architecture • War, US Civil •
More. Search the internet for Claiborne Parish Court House.
Credits. This page was last revised on August 31, 2019. This page originally submitted on August 31, 2019, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. This page has been viewed 32 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on August 31, 2019, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.