Solomons in Calvert County, Maryland — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
145 Charles Street
— Outreach classroom and guest apartments. —
Erected by Chesapeake Biological Laboratory, University of Maryland Center for Environmental Science.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Education • Industry & Commerce • Waterways & Vessels. A significant historical year for this entry is 1924.
Location. 38° 19.169′ N, 76° 27.218′ W. Marker is in Solomons, Maryland, in Calvert County. Marker is on Charles Street just east of Williams Street, on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 145 Charles Street, Solomons MD 20688, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Saunders House (a few steps from this marker); Mansueti Laboratory (within shouting distance of this marker); Parish House (within shouting distance of this marker); Solomons House & Visitor Center (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Chesapeake Biological Laboratory Enemy Blockade (about 500 feet away); M. M. Davis Shipyard (approx. 0.4 miles away); J. C. Lore & Sons Oyster House (approx. half a mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Solomons.
Credits. This page was last revised on August 31, 2019. It was originally submitted on August 31, 2019, by Devry Becker Jones of Washington, District of Columbia. This page has been viewed 143 times since then and 36 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on August 31, 2019, by Devry Becker Jones of Washington, District of Columbia.