Solomons in Calvert County, Maryland — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
180 Farren Avenue
Built in 1954. After acquisition by CBL in 1991, it was named after the Solomons Episcopal Rectory and Parish House formerly occupying the site part of which had been used by CBL founder Dr. R. V. Truitt as a research laboratory.
Home to faculty and students in Environmental Economics, Fisheries Oceanography, and Fisheries Management.
Erected by Chesapeake Biological Laboratory, University of Maryland Center for Environmental Science.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Churches & Religion • Education • Science & Medicine.
Location. 38° 19.161′ N, 76° 27.179′ W. Marker is in Solomons, Maryland, in Calvert County. Marker is on Charles Street west of Farren Avenue, on the left when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 180 Farren Avenue, Solomons MD 20688, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Becker House (within shouting distance of this marker); Saunders House (within shouting distance of this marker); Mansueti Laboratory Solomons House & Visitor Center (about 300 feet away); Enemy Blockade (about 400 feet away); Chesapeake Biological Laboratory (about 400 feet away); M. M. Davis Shipyard (approx. 0.4 miles away); J. C. Lore & Sons Oyster House (approx. half a mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Solomons.
Credits. This page was last revised on August 29, 2020. It was originally submitted on August 31, 2019, by Devry Becker Jones of Washington, District of Columbia. This page has been viewed 61 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on August 31, 2019, by Devry Becker Jones of Washington, District of Columbia.