The Amis House
Researched and Restored
by Mrs. Aletha Amis Ashworth of Austin, Texas, current owner (1985) of the Amis House and daughter of the builder.
Erected 1985 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 10854.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Animals • Architecture • Industry & Commerce • Roads & Vehicles. A significant historical year for this entry is 1914.
Location. 32° 52.419′ N, 95° 45.808′ W. Marker is in Emory, Texas, in Rains
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 14 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Rains County Courthouse (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Rains County (about 600 feet away); Near Offices of "Rains County Leader" (about 700 feet away); a different marker also named Rains County (approx. 0.4 miles away); Emory Rains (approx. 0.4 miles away); Ambrose Fitzgerald (approx. 0.6 miles away); Site of Fraser Brick Company (approx. 2.6 miles away); Lone Oak Methodist Church (approx. 13.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Emory.
Credits. This page was last revised on December 22, 2019. It was originally submitted on September 7, 2019, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. This page has been viewed 143 times since then and 32 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on September 7, 2019, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.