Near Kingston in Bartow County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Old Macedonia Church Organized 1847
This was the route of McPherson's Army of the Tennessee (15th and 16th Corps.), [US] right wing of forces under Sherman moving from Kingston to the Dallas front, May 23, 24.
The church stood at the N.W. angle of the crossroads until another edifice was erected on site of the present structure, 3/4 mile eastward.
Erected 1984 by Georgia Department of Natural Resources. (Marker Number 008-12A.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Churches & Religion • War, US Civil. In addition, it is included in the Georgia Historical Society series list.
Location. 34° 10.453′ N, 84° 58.759′ W. Marker is near Kingston, Georgia, in Bartow County. Marker is at the intersection of Euharlee Road and Macedonia Road, on the right when traveling west on Euharlee Road. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Kingston GA 30145, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within Black Pioneers Cemetery (approx. 3.2 miles away); Euharlee Creek Covered Bridge (approx. 3˝ miles away); Unknown Confederate Dead (approx. 4.3 miles away); Woolley's Bridge (approx. 4˝ miles away); Milam's Bridge (approx. 4˝ miles away); House - Site Thomas V. B. Hargis (approx. 4.6 miles away); Original Hospital Site of Wayside Home (approx. 4.6 miles away); Sherman’s March to the Sea (approx. 4.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Kingston.
Credits. This page was last revised on March 8, 2019. It was originally submitted on November 28, 2008, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 1,524 times since then and 27 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on November 28, 2008, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.