Shreveport in Caddo Parish, Louisiana — The American South (West South Central)
Old Municipal Building
— Shreveport —
Built 1924 to house Police department and City Court. Excellent example of early 20th century Neo-Classic/Federal architecture. Listed in National Register of Historic Places, 1982.
Erected by Shreveport-Bossier Convention and Tourist Bureau.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Architecture • Government & Politics • Law Enforcement.
Location. 32° 30.581′ N, 93° 44.901′ W. Marker is in Shreveport, Louisiana, in Caddo Parish. Marker is on Cotton Street west of Mc Neil Street, on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Shreveport LA 71107, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Soul Men (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Strand Theatre (about 600 feet away); Jefferson Hotel (about 700 feet away); Scottish Rite Cathedral (about 700 feet away); W (about 700 feet away); Central Station (approx. 0.2 miles away); The Last Confederate Flag (approx. 0.2 miles away); Caddo Parish Courthouse (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Shreveport.
Credits. This page was last revised on September 22, 2020. It was originally submitted on September 14, 2019, by Cajun Scrambler of Assumption, Louisiana. This page has been viewed 63 times since then and 6 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on September 14, 2019.