Wheeling in Ohio County, West Virginia — The American South (Appalachia)
Clubhouse as it appeared in 1910 on the Oglebay family's Waddington Farms estate.
Clubhouse interior as it appeared in 1910 after the Oglebays had it renovated following their trip to Egypt.
Clubhouse as it appeared in 1902 prior to the addition of a second floor.
View of walkway from Clubhouse to Greenhouses showing the beginning of the development of the Formal Gardens in 1910.
Erected by The Courtney and Marguerite Rankin Burton Charitable Trust and the Helena Armbrecht Estate.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Notable Buildings • Parks & Recreational Areas.
Location. 40° 6.16′ N, 80° 40.092′ W. Marker is in WheelingTouch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Wheeling WV 26003, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Formal Gardens (within shouting distance of this marker); Greenhouses (within shouting distance of this marker); Mansion (within shouting distance of this marker); Oglebay Mansion Museum (within shouting distance of this marker); South Lawn (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Farm Residence (about 600 feet away); Carriage House Glass (about 800 feet away); Serpentine Drive (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Wheeling.
Credits. This page was last revised on September 15, 2019. It was originally submitted on September 15, 2019, by Devry Becker Jones of Washington, District of Columbia. This page has been viewed 79 times since then and 2 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on September 15, 2019, by Devry Becker Jones of Washington, District of Columbia.