Jackson in Amador County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
Archimandrite Sebastian Dabovich
The First Administrator of the Serbian Church In America – Born in San Francisco on June 21, 1863 – Died November 30, 1940 in the Monastery of Zitcha at the Age of Seventy-Seven.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Cemeteries & Burial Sites • Churches & Religion • Settlements & Settlers. A significant historical month for this entry is June 1880.
Location. 38° 21.356′ N, 120° 46.612′ W. Marker is in Jackson, California, in Amador County. Marker is on North Main Street, on the right when traveling north. Marker is to the right of the gate of the entrance to the church and cemetery. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 724 North Main Street, Jackson CA 95642, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. St. Sava Serbian Orthodox Church (here, next to this marker); Miners' Graves (approx. 0.2 miles away); a different marker also named Miners' Graves (approx. 0.3 miles away); Labor Day Celebration (approx. 0.4 miles away); Site of Pioneer Jewish Synagogue (approx. 0.4 Krabbenhoft Building (approx. 0.4 miles away); Original site of Mel and Faye’s Diner (approx. 0.4 miles away); Brown Home (approx. 0.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Jackson.
Regarding Archimandrite Sebastian Dabovich. Also see: St. Sava Serbian Orthodox Church Marker for additional information.
Also see . . .
1. Archimandrite Sebastian Dabovich. (Submitted on November 29, 2008, by Syd Whittle of Mesa, Arizona.)
2. The St. Sava Serbian Orthodox Church. (Submitted on November 29, 2008, by Syd Whittle of Mesa, Arizona.)
Credits. This page was last revised on November 3, 2019. It was originally submitted on November 29, 2008, by Syd Whittle of Mesa, Arizona. This page has been viewed 2,052 times since then and 8 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on November 29, 2008, by Syd Whittle of Mesa, Arizona.