St. James in Phelps County, Missouri — The American Midwest (Upper Plains)
1866 - Built as a residence for the William James Family
1896 - Converted by the Women's Relief Corps and Opened as the Federal Soldiers Home
1897 - Operation of Home transferred to the State of Missouri
Location. 38° 0.235′ N, 91° 37.001′ W. Marker is in St. James, Missouri, in Phelps County. Marker can be reached from North Jefferson Street (State Highway 8) just north of West Marcella Street, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 620 North Jefferson Street, Saint James MO 65559, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 10 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. St. James Veterans Home Cemetery (within shouting distance of this marker); Vietnam Veterans Memorial (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); In Honor of American Korean War Veterans (approx. ¼ mile away); The White Oak of St. James (approx. ¼ mile away); Veterans Memorial (approx. 0.6 miles away); Pennington-Gilbert Shoe Company (approx. 9.1 miles away); Pine Street and Downtown Rolla Rolla Mills (approx. 9.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in St. James.
Categories. • Military • Notable Buildings •
More. Search the internet for Dunmoor Mansion.
Credits. This page was last revised on September 18, 2019. This page originally submitted on September 18, 2019, by Devry Becker Jones of Washington, District of Columbia. This page has been viewed 26 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on September 18, 2019, by Devry Becker Jones of Washington, District of Columbia.