Niagara Falls in Niagara County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Cave of the Winds Elevator
constructed by the
the State Reservation
at Niagara Falls A.D. 1924 to
replace the ancient
Alphonso T. Clearwater – Pres.
Paul A. Schoellkopf • Ansley Wilcox
Robert W. DeForest • Robert H. Gittins – Commissioners
Alfred E. Smith – Governor
Sullivan W. Jones – State Architect
Wright & Kremers – Inc. Contractors
Location. 43° 4.952′ N, 79° 4.209′ W. Marker is in Niagara Falls, New York, in Niagara County. Marker is on Goat Island Road. Marker is located in Niagara Falls State Park, on Goat Island. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Niagara Falls NY 14303, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Niagara River Corridor Important Bird Area (here, next to this marker); The Cave of the Winds (within shouting distance of this marker); Cave of the Winds and Bridal Veil Falls (within shouting distance of this marker); Nikola Tesla (within shouting distance of this marker); Luna Island Nikola Tesla (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); The Power of Niagara (about 300 feet away); World's First Hydroelectric Power Plant (about 400 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Niagara Falls.
Categories. • Man-Made Features •
More. Search the internet for Cave of the Winds Elevator.
Credits. This page was last revised on September 24, 2019. This page originally submitted on September 24, 2019, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 44 times since then and 3 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on September 24, 2019, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.