Franklin in Williamson County, Tennessee — The American South (East South Central)
Fifth Third Bank
During the 1940ís and 1950ís Oscar Godwin operated the popular Red Grill Restaurant at this location. Locals remember it as a colorful place where the cook rang the dinner bell on the sidewalk each day and where scarce items such as cigarettes and silk stockings could be purchased during World War II.
Various retail businesses were located here during the 1960ís and 1970ís. In 1883, Gordon Inman purchased and renovated the building. It housed the offices of Inman Realtors until 1989, when Franklin National Bank opened on this site. On June 14 2001 it became the Fifth Third Bank.
Location. 35° 55.53′ N, 86° Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 320 Public Square, Franklin TN 37064, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. U.S. Model 1841 6-Pounder Field Guns/Franklin Public Square During The Battle (within shouting distance of this marker); Nashville-Franklin Interurban (within shouting distance of this marker); Our Confederate Soldiers (within shouting distance of this marker); Union Headquarters (within shouting distance of this marker); Franklin Downtown Historic District (within shouting distance of this marker); Maury-Darby Building (within shouting distance of this marker); Franklinís Civil War Sites (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Courthouse (about 300 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Franklin.
Categories. • Industry & Commerce •
More. Search the internet for Fifth Third Bank.
Credits. This page was last revised on September 30, 2019. This page originally submitted on September 30, 2019, by Larry Gertner of New York, New York. This page has been viewed 71 times since then and 11 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on September 30, 2019, by Larry Gertner of New York, New York. • Andrew Ruppenstein was the editor who published this page.