Shreveport in Caddo Parish, Louisiana — The American South (West South Central)
Austin Place Houses
— Shreveport —
752, The Hauser House, built 1867, remodelled c.1880. 754-56, The Cooke House, built c.1870. 758, The Dalzell House, built c.1870, was once rectory of St. Mark's Episcopal Church. Austin Place was originally known as Christian Street.
Erected by Shreveport-Bossier Convention and Tourist Bureau.
Location. 32° 30.352′ N, 93° 45.21′ W. Marker is in Shreveport, Louisiana, in Caddo Parish. Marker is on Austin Place south of Milan Street, on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 754 Austin Place, Shreveport LA 71101, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Christian-Hamel House (within shouting distance of this marker); Olgilvie-Wiener House (within shouting distance of this marker); Calanthean Temple (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Logan Mansion (about 300 feet away); Thief (TV Series) (about 700 feet away); Bishop Leonidas Polk (about 700 feet away); James Burton (about 700 feet away); Elvis Presley (about 700 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Shreveport.
Categories. Architecture • Roads & Vehicles •
More. Search the internet for Austin Place Houses.
Credits. This page was last revised on November 9, 2019. This page originally submitted on October 10, 2019, by Cajun Scrambler of Assumption, Louisiana. This page has been viewed 41 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on October 10, 2019, by Cajun Scrambler of Assumption, Louisiana.