Arlington in Arlington County, Virginia — The American South (Mid-Atlantic)
Original Federal Boundary Stone, District of Columbia, Northwest 1
District of Columbia
Placed - 1791 - 1792
Protected by Richard Arnold Chapter
Daughters of the American Revolution
Erected 1916 by Richard Arnold Chapter, Daughters of the American Revolution.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Political Subdivisions. In addition, it is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution, and the Original Federal Boundary Stones series lists.
Location. 38° 54.216′ N, 77° 9.547′ W. Marker is in Arlington, Virginia, in Arlington County. Marker can be reached from North Powhatan Street 0.2 miles north of North Rockingham Street, on the right when traveling north. The marker and stone are about 200 ft from the street address, in a passageway on the sideyard to the left of the private residence. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 3607 North Powhatan Street, Arlington VA 22213, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Minor's Hill (approx. 0.2 miles away); Crossman House (approx. 0.8 miles away); Original Federal Boundary Stone, District of Columbia, West Cornerstone (approx. one mile away); George Nicholas Saegmuller (approx. one mile away); Original Federal Boundary Stone, District of Columbia, Northwest 2 (approx. one mile away); John Saegmuller House (approx. 1.1 miles away); Little Falls Road (approx. 1.1 miles away); East Falls Church Station (approx. 1.1 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Arlington.
Credits. This page was last revised on October 11, 2019. It was originally submitted on September 3, 2015, by J. Makali Bruton of Querétaro, Mexico. This page has been viewed 352 times since then and 35 times this year. Last updated on October 11, 2019, by Roberto Bernate of Arlington, Virginia. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on September 3, 2015, by J. Makali Bruton of Querétaro, Mexico. • Devry Becker Jones was the editor who published this page.