Shreveport in Caddo Parish, Louisiana — The American South (West South Central)
— Shreveport —
Built 1898. One of the few remaining large Victorian houses in Highland. Named for owner Thomas C. Lewis, a Captain in the Confederate Army, and a pioneer druggist.
Erected by Shreveport-Bossier Convention and Tourist Bureau.
Location. 32° 29.885′ N, 93° 44.661′ W. Marker is in Shreveport, Louisiana, in Caddo Parish. Marker is on Jordon Street near Irving Place, on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 675 Jordon Street, Shreveport LA 71101, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Sewall House (about 700 feet away, measured in a direct line); Old Agudath Achim Synagogue (approx. 0.2 miles away); Woman's Department Club (approx. 0.2 miles away); Shreveport Little Theatre (approx. 0.2 miles away); Eglin House (approx. 0.2 miles away); Davidson House (approx. ¼ mile away); Noel Methodist Church (approx. ¼ mile away); Line Avenue School (approx. ¼ mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Shreveport.
More about this marker. Currently houses the offices of Nelson Cameron Attorney At Law.
Categories. • Architecture • War, US Civil •
More. Search the internet for Lewis House.
Credits. This page was last revised on October 13, 2019. This page originally submitted on October 13, 2019, by Cajun Scrambler of Assumption, Louisiana. This page has been viewed 50 times since then and 2 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on October 13, 2019, by Cajun Scrambler of Assumption, Louisiana.