Shreveport in Caddo Parish, Louisiana — The American South (West South Central)
Woman's Department Club
— Shreveport —
Built 1925. Designed by local architect Clarence King. Its interior contains a large, second floor auditorium.
Erected by Shreveport-Bossier Convention and Tourist Bureau.
Location. 32° 29.77′ N, 93° 44.782′ W. Marker is in Shreveport, Louisiana, in Caddo Parish. Marker is on Margaret Place west of Line Avenue, on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 802 Margaret Place, Shreveport LA 71101, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Shreveport Little Theatre (a few steps from this marker); Old Agudath Achim Synagogue (within shouting distance of this marker); Sewall House (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); Line Avenue School (about 600 feet away); Eglin House (about 700 feet away); Lewis House (approx. 0.2 miles away); Davidson House (approx. 0.2 miles away); First Presbyterian Church (approx. ¼ mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Shreveport.
Also see . . . Women's Department Club website. (Submitted on October 20, 2019, by Cajun Scrambler of Assumption, Louisiana.)
Categories. • Architecture • Fraternal or Sororal Organizations • Women •
More. Search the internet for Woman's Department Club.
Credits. This page was last revised on October 26, 2019. This page originally submitted on October 20, 2019, by Cajun Scrambler of Assumption, Louisiana. This page has been viewed 67 times since then and 3 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on October 20, 2019, by Cajun Scrambler of Assumption, Louisiana. 3. submitted on October 26, 2019, by Cajun Scrambler of Assumption, Louisiana.