Scottsdale in Maricopa County, Arizona — The American Mountains (Southwest)
1921 - Sterling Drug Store
1921 - 1937 Sterling Drug Store
1937 - 1948 Scottsdale Pharmacy
1948 - Present Saba's Western Store
Built in 1921 by Dr. Walter S. Lawson to serve the needs of a growing farm village, this red brick building housed a drug store for twenty seven years until the Saba family purchased it in 1948. Remodeled to reflect Scottsdale's chosen image as "The West's Most Western Town", Saba's Department Store and later Saba's Western Store have occupied the old drug store ever since.
Erected by Scottsdale Historical Society.
Location. 33° 29.593′ N, 111° 55.482′ W. Marker is in Scottsdale, Arizona, in Maricopa County. Marker can be reached from the intersection of North Brown Avenue and East Main Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Scottsdale AZ 85251, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. 1921 - Farmers State Bank (within shouting distance of this marker); 1929 - U.S. Post Office (within shouting distance of this marker); Winfield Scott Memorial (about 300 feet away, measured in Scottsdale Grammar School / The Little Red Schoolhouse (about 400 feet away); Our Lady of Perpetual Help Catholic Church (about 400 feet away); Permanent Home of the "Beavers" (approx. 0.2 miles away); Herbert "Herb" R. Drinkwater (approx. 0.2 miles away); The Chaplain (approx. ¼ mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Scottsdale.
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
More. Search the internet for 1921 - Sterling Drug Store.
Credits. This page was last revised on October 20, 2019. This page originally submitted on October 20, 2019, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 55 times since then and 4 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on October 20, 2019, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.