Near Newark Valley in Tioga County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Purchased 1833 by Lewis Wade,
1791-1862, musician War of 1812.
Owned and worked successively
By Lewis Wade, William Wade
Edgar O. Wade, Floyd E. Wade.
Erected 1938 by State Education Department.
Location. 42° 11.252′ N, 76° 12.364′ W. Marker is near Newark Valley, New York, in Tioga County. Marker is on New York State Route 38 half a mile from Wade Hollow Rd, on the left when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Newark Valley NY 13811, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 7 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Maple Tree (approx. 2.3 miles away); The First School (approx. 4.2 miles away); Fairfield United Methodist Church (approx. 4.8 miles away); Owego & Ithaca Turnpike (approx. 5.8 miles away); Central Owego Historic District (approx. 6.1 miles away); Former Residence (approx. 6.1 miles away); a different marker also named Former Residence Former Site (approx. 6.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Newark Valley.
Categories. • Agriculture •
More. Search the internet for Wade Farm.
Credits. This page was last revised on October 28, 2019. This page originally submitted on October 27, 2019, by Steve Stoessel of Niskayuna, New York. This page has been viewed 32 times since then and 2 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on October 27, 2019, by Steve Stoessel of Niskayuna, New York. • Michael Herrick was the editor who published this page.