Saint-Hyacinthe in Les Maskoutains, Québec — Central Canada (French-Canadian)
Honoré Mercier Terrace
Dédiée le 27 août, 1933, par l'honorable Lawrence A. Wilson, premier citoyen honoraire de la cité de Saint-Hyacinthe, sur invitation du conseil de ville, pour perpétuer le souvenir d'un de nos plus illustres concitoyens qui représenta le comté à la législature et fut premier ministre de sa province de 1887 à 1891.
This terrace was dedicated on Aug. 27th 1933, by the Hon. Lawrence A. Wilson, First Honorary Citizen of the City of St.-Hyacinthe on invitation of the City Council to perpetuate the memory of one of our most illustrious citizens who represented the county at the Legislature and was Prime Minister of his province, from 1887 to 1891.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Government & Politics • Parks & Recreational Areas. A significant historical date for this entry is August 27, 1933.
Location. 45° 37.249′ N, 72° 57.197′ W. Marker is in Saint-Hyacinthe, Québec, in Les Maskoutains. Marker is on Rue Girouard Ouest north of Avenue Desaulniers, on the right when traveling north. Marker is located beside the Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Saint-Hyacinthe QC J2S 3B3, Canada. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 2 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Honoré Mercier (a few steps from this marker); L’Ancien Bureau de Poste de Saint-Hyacinthe / Former Saint-Hyacinthe Post Office (approx. half a kilometer away).
Related markers. Click here for a list of markers that are related to this marker. Honoré Mercier
Also see . . . The following landmarks were named to honour Honoré Mercier: (Wikipedia).
• The Mercier Bridge that links the western part of the Island of Montreal with the South Shore;
• The town of Mercier, Quebec;
• Avenue Mercier, located in downtown Shawinigan, Quebec, Canada;
• The provincial electoral district of Mercier.
• The Mercier neighbourhood in Montreal.
• An elementary school named Honoré-Mercier in Montreal
• A high school named Honoré-Mercier in Montreal
• A hospital in Saint-Hyacinthe, Québec is named Hôpital Honoré-Mercier.
• Honoré Mercier Boulevard, located in the Quebec city centre. (Submitted on October 28, 2019, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida.)
Credits. This page was last revised on January 23, 2022. It was originally submitted on October 28, 2019, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida. This page has been viewed 123 times since then and 16 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on October 28, 2019, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida.