Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Near Sandston in Henrico County, Virginia — The American South (Mid-Atlantic)
 

Savage Station

 
 
Savage Station Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Bernard Fisher, June 14, 2003
1. Savage Station Marker
Inscription.  In the field beyond this marker was fought June 29, 1862, the battle of Savage Station in which Confederate forces under command of Major-General John B. Magruder attacked indecisively the rearguard of the Federal Army moving toward James River. This was the Third Battle of the Seven Days’ Campaign.
 
Erected by Battlefield Markers Association. (Marker Number 13.)
 
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: War, US Civil. In addition, it is included in the Freeman Markers (Richmond Battlefields) series list. A significant historical date for this entry is June 29, 1894.
 
Location. 37° 31.696′ N, 77° 16.142′ W. Marker is near Sandston, Virginia, in Henrico County. Marker is on Meadow Road, 0.1 miles east of Grapevine Road, on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 2701 Meadow Rd, Sandston VA 23150, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Battle of Savage's Station (here, next to this marker); Route to White Oak Swamp and Malvern Hill (a few steps from this marker); Battle For The Rails
Savage Station Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Bernard Fisher, June 14, 2003
2. Savage Station Marker
Originally located on Old Williamsburg Road south of the I-64 interchange.
Click or scan to see
this page online
(a few steps from this marker); a different marker also named Battle of Savage’s Station (a few steps from this marker); The Trent House (approx. 1.2 miles away); Seven Days Battles (approx. 1.3 miles away); a different marker also named Battle of Savage's Station (approx. 1.4 miles away); a different marker also named The Trent House (approx. 1.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Sandston.
 
Related markers. Click here for a list of markers that are related to this marker. Battle of Savage's Station by markers
 
Additional keywords. Freeman Markers, Richmond Battlefield Parks Corporation, Douglas Southall Freeman
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on April 28, 2022. It was originally submitted on December 7, 2008, by Bernard Fisher of Richmond, Virginia. This page has been viewed 1,292 times since then and 68 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on December 7, 2008, by Bernard Fisher of Richmond, Virginia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=14209

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
Paid Advertisements
 
 

Aug. 9, 2022