— Tulsa's Historic Route 66 —
At the intersection of East Admiral Place and Yale Avenue, filling stations occupied three of the four corners. Only the northwest corner, the edge of Rose Hill Cemetery, where Cyrus Avery is buried, did not have a filling station. The Daugherty Ice Company. at 4915 Admiral Place, occupied the low brick building east of one filling station. The adjacent building, constructed c.1934, housed furniture stores and other commercial ventures.
Although the buildings on the north side of Admiral
Erected 2019 by Tulsa Route 66 Commission. (Marker Number 20.)
Location. 36° 9.642′ N, 95° 56.484′ W. Marker is in Tulsa, Oklahoma, in Tulsa County. Marker is at the intersection of East Admiral Place North and North Harvard Avenue, on the right when traveling east on East Admiral Place North. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 3230 East Admiral Place North, Tulsa OK 74115, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Wolf Robe Hunt's Indian Trading Post (approx. 0.9 miles away); The University of Tulsa. (approx. 0.9 miles away); Bama Pie Company (approx. one mile away); Casa Loma Hotel (Campbell Hotel) (approx. 1.1 miles away); Cyrus Avery (approx. 1.1 miles away); Dry Cleaners Tulsa Monument Company (approx. 1.6 miles away); Replica of the Statue of Liberty (approx. 1.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Tulsa.
Categories. • Architecture • Industry & Commerce • Roads & Vehicles •
More. Search the internet for Admiral Place.
Credits. This page was last revised on November 6, 2019. This page originally submitted on November 6, 2019, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. This page has been viewed 39 times since then and 5 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on November 6, 2019, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.