The Masons used the fifth floor of the building for meetings and socializing. The area has distinct and beautiful architectural work on the upper floors. There was a small snack shop and grill in the lobby in the early years that served hamburgers, sandwiches, chips, etc. This building has been home to four radio stations, three dentists, four ranchers, six oil companies, two photography shops three insurance companies,
The building has three elevators, two of which are freight elevators that are still operated manually. The third elevator was automated in the early 1970's. The building's basement area has been used for a storm shelter for the public when there is severe local weather.
The Ardmoreite sign on the southwest corner
of the building was renovated in 1996 to include
lighting and is very visible at night.
Erected by Ardmore Main Street Authority.
Location. 34° 10.465′ N, 97° 7.79′ W. Marker is in Ardmore, Oklahoma, in Carter County. Marker is at the intersection of West Broadway Street and B Street NW, on the right when traveling west on West Broadway Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 117 West Broadway Street, Ardmore OK 73401, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Randol Hotel (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Noble Brothers Hardware (about 600 feet away); Federal Courthouse (1898) (about 600 feet away); Luke’s Music Store (about 600 feet away);
Categories. • Industry & Commerce • Notable Buildings •
More. Search the internet for Ardmoreite Building.
Credits. This page was last revised on November 9, 2019. This page originally submitted on November 9, 2019, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. This page has been viewed 50 times since then and 5 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on November 9, 2019, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.