Skaneateles in Onondaga County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Moravian Missionaries / Gansevoortís Hundred
Bishop Frederick Cammerhoff
built “The Pilgrimís Hut
at St. Johnís Beach” on
St. John Baptistís Day, 1750.
Col. Gansevoortís hundred men,
bearing the American flag,
rested September 22, 1779
on their eastward march
from Sullivanís army.
Erected by the
Onondaga Historical Association
Womenís Village Improvement Association
100th year St. Jamesí Parish, 1915.
Erected 1915 by Onondaga Historical Associationand the Womenís Village Improvement Association.
Location. 42° 56.712′ N, 76° 25.51′ W. Marker is in Skaneateles, New York, in Onondaga County. Marker is on East Genesee Street (U.S. 20) near Leitch Avenue, on the left when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 96 East Genesee Street, Skaneateles NY 13152, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. St. John's Beach (a few steps from this marker); Site of The Great Fire (about 700 feet away, measured Sherwood Inn (approx. 0.3 miles away); Wm. H.H. Crosier (approx. 0.3 miles away); Soldiers and Sailors Monument (approx. 0.7 miles away); Site of an Underground Railroad Station (approx. 0.7 miles away); Lake View Cemetery (approx. ĺ mile away); N. Leonard's Inn 1798 (approx. 2.1 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Skaneateles.
Also see . . . St. James' Episcopal Church. (Submitted on November 28, 2019, by Larry Gertner of New York, New York.)
Categories. • Churches & Religion • Colonial Era • War, US Revolutionary •
More. Search the internet for Moravian Missionaries / Gansevoortís Hundred.
Credits. This page was last revised on December 2, 2019. This page originally submitted on November 28, 2019, by Larry Gertner of New York, New York. This page has been viewed 51 times since then and 3 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on November 28, 2019, by Larry Gertner of New York, New York. • Michael Herrick was the editor who published this page.