Shreveport in Caddo Parish, Louisiana — The American South (West South Central)
— Shreveport —
Built circa 1870 for Thomas T. and Mary Dilliningham Land. Thomas Land was a state supreme court justice and the family was prominent late 19th to 20th century. Later owned by the Peyton Family who operated a chain of drugstores. The house remains one of the oldest Fairfield Av. residences, if not the oldest.
Erected by Shreveport-Bossier Convention and Tourist Bureau.
Location. 32° 29.416′ N, 93° 45.033′ W. Marker is in Shreveport, Louisiana, in Caddo Parish. Marker is on Fairfield Avenue north of Boulevard Street, on the left when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Shreveport LA 71104, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Thigpen Mansion (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Barret Place (approx. 0.2 miles away); Josh Logan Home (approx. 0.2 miles away); Snyder House (approx. 0.2 miles away); Robinson Place (approx. ¼ mile away); Walker House (approx. ¼ mile away); Bliss-Hoyer House (approx. ¼ mile away); Thornhill (approx. 0.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Shreveport.
Categories. Notable Buildings • Settlements & Settlers •
More. Search the internet for Land House.
Credits. This page was last revised on November 29, 2019. This page originally submitted on November 29, 2019, by Cajun Scrambler of Assumption, Louisiana. This page has been viewed 50 times since then and 2 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on November 29, 2019, by Cajun Scrambler of Assumption, Louisiana.