St. Mary's Church of Ireland East Window
This Large East Window is unusual because it is made of wood and set in stone. During the restoration of 1770 this window was taken from the church of Laraghbryan, which had fallen into ruins[.] Note how the stonemason corrected the misspelling in the word "Parishioners" on the plaque underneath the window. The area round the north side of the Church, behind the Vestry was the location of the Schoolhouse between 1770 and 1859. The Geraldine Hall near the Royal Canal became the new school premises. This school closed in 1935.
Location. 53° 22.814′ N, 6° 35.634′ W. Marker is in Maynooth, Leinster, in County Kildare. Marker is on Parson Street (Leinster Route R408) just west of Mill Street (Leinster Route R148), on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Maynooth, Leinster W23 W300, Ireland. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 6 kilometers of this marker, measured as the crow flies. James, Duke of Leinster (here, next to this marker); St. Mary's Church (Anglican) (here, next to this marker); Caisleán mhagh nuadhad / Geraldine Castle (within shouting distance of this marker);
Related marker. Click here for another marker that is related to this marker.
Also see . . . Dunboyne and Rathmolyon Group of Churches. (Submitted on December 2, 2019, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
Categories. • Architecture • Churches & Religion • Man-Made Features •
More. Search the internet for St. Mary's Church of Ireland East Window.
Credits. This page was last revised on December 2, 2019. This page originally submitted on December 2, 2019, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 35 times since then and 4 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on December 2, 2019, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.