Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”

Zeilitzheim in Landkreis Schweinfurt, Bavaria, Germany — Southern Germany (Scarplands and Alpine Region)
 

ehem. Pfarrhaus - Pfarrhof / Former Rectory - Vicarage

 
 
ehem. Pfarrhaus - Pfarrhof / Former Rectory - Vicarage Marker image. Click for full size.
By Andrew Ruppenstein, September 24, 2019
1. ehem. Pfarrhaus - Pfarrhof / Former Rectory - Vicarage Marker
Inscription.  
Hans Weiss war 1423 der erste urkundlich erwähnte Pfarrer von Zeilitzheim.
Seit dieser Zeit lösten sich die Adelsgeschlechter derer v. Grumbach, der Fuchs von Bimbach, derer v. Wolfsthal und der Grafen v. Schönborn als Patronatsherrn mit ihrem Präsentationsrecht (Vorschlagsrecht) und ihrer Patrimonialgerichtsbarkeit (Rechtsprechung durch den Grundherrn) ab. Sie bestimmten über die Einsetzung eines Pfarrers oder Vikars und die Zugehörigkeit zur jeweiligen Glaubensgemeinschaft.
Johann Fuchs, um 1541 der letzte Geistliche vor der Glaubensspaltung, führte Zeilitzheim möglicherweise der Lehre Luthers zu.
Von der Herrschaft mit der Lohmühle, der Dorfmühle, der Ziegelei, Feldern und Weinbergen beschenkt, entwickelte sich neben dem Pfarrhaus ein Pfarrhof. Diese Schenkungen, als Lehen der evangelischen Kirchengemeinde „zins- und gültpflichtig“ weitergegeben, sicherten der Pfarrei zusätzliche Einkünfte. Im Jahre 1724 entstand dieser Barockbau mit Fachwerk und Walmdach.
Bis um 1955 befand sich im Studierzimmer des Pfarrers eine im Fußboden eingelassene Klapptüre mit direktem Zugang in den Gewölbekeller. 1974
ehem. Pfarrhaus - Pfarrhof / Former Rectory - Vicarage and Marker image. Click for full size.
By Andrew Ruppenstein, September 24, 2019
2. ehem. Pfarrhaus - Pfarrhof / Former Rectory - Vicarage and Marker
The marker is visible here, mounted to the wall (behind the silver SUV).
wurde die Scheune im Pfarrhof eingerissen. Teile der Stallungen haben sich bis heute erhalten und wurden 2002 restauriert.

-

(English translation:) Hans Weiss was the first mentioned-in-writing pastor of Zeilitzheim, in 1423. Since that time the noble families of von Grumbach, Fuchs (of Bimbach), von Wolfsthal, and the Counts of Schönborn were Patron-Lords, with their rights of presentation (rights of proposal) and their patrimonial jurisdiction (jurisdiction by landlord). They determined the appointment of a pastor or vicar and membership of the religious community.

Johann Fuchs, the last clergyman before the schism in 1541, probably led Zeilitzheim to the doctrine of Luther.

With endowments of mills, a brickyard, and fields and vineyards, a vicarage was developed next to the rectory; the endowments, as part of the parish "fief", provided interest and rents to this Protestant parish as forms of additional income.

In 1724, this baroque building with a half-timbered frame and hipped roof was built.

Until 1955, in the parson's study, there was a drop-down door set in the floor with direct access to the vaulted cellar. In 1974 the barn in the vicarage was torn down. Parts of the stables have been preserved until today and were restored in 2002.

(Marker Number 1d.)
 
Location.

Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
49° 53.92′ N, 10° 16.089′ E. Marker is in Zeilitzheim, Bavaria, in Landkreis Schweinfurt. Marker is on Marktplatz, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: Marktplatz 5, Zeilitzheim, Bavaria 97509, Germany. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Haus der Begegnung / "House of Encounter" (within shouting distance of this marker); Rathaus / City Hall (within shouting distance of this marker); Gasthaus "Zur Sonne" / Inn "at the Sun" (within shouting distance of this marker); An den Kirchgaden / "At the Church Hall" Lane (within shouting distance of this marker); Spätbarockes Bürgerhaus / Late Baroque Patrician House (within shouting distance of this marker); Ehem. Dorfbrauerei / Former Village Brewery (within shouting distance of this marker); Das Schloss / The Chateau (within shouting distance of this marker); Ehemalige Gendarmeriestation / Former Police Station (within shouting distance of this marker). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Zeilitzheim.
 
Categories. Churches & Religion
 

More. Search the internet for ehem. Pfarrhaus - Pfarrhof / Former Rectory - Vicarage.
 
Credits. This page was last revised on December 10, 2019. This page originally submitted on December 10, 2019, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California. This page has been viewed 36 times since then and 2 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on December 10, 2019, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California.
Paid Advertisement