Belleville in St. Clair County, Illinois — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Ever and Anon Park
Old Belleville Historic District, one block south of East Main, is an architectural time capsule of Belleville's growth since the 1850's. The area was once the location of two brickyards and displays the durability of both soft brick, as seen in the working man's German American folk house, and hard brick, used in the more elaborate houses of wealthy businessmen.
Erected 2000 by Belleville Historic Preservation Commission.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Architecture • Industry & Commerce • Parks & Recreational Areas. A significant historical year for this entry is 1862.
Location. 38° 30.812′ N, 89° 58.704′ W. Marker is in Belleville, Illinois, in St. Clair County. Marker is at the intersection of East Main Street and Mascoutah Avenue, on the right when traveling east on East Main Street. Marker is located Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 416 East Main Street, Belleville IL 62220, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Dorothea Deichmann Millinery (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); Gustavus Koerner (about 700 feet away); Romeiser Building (about 800 feet away); St. Clair National Bank (approx. 0.2 miles away); Historic Garfield Street Saloon (approx. ¼ mile away); Deidesheimer's Dry Goods Store (approx. ¼ mile away); Belleville Savings Bank (approx. ¼ mile away); Belleville Public Square (approx. 0.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Belleville.
Credits. This page was last revised on December 11, 2019. It was originally submitted on December 11, 2019, by Jason Voigt of Glen Carbon, Illinois. This page has been viewed 237 times since then and 111 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on December 11, 2019, by Jason Voigt of Glen Carbon, Illinois. • Devry Becker Jones was the editor who published this page.