Atlanta in Fulton County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Federal Right Wing
The 14th and 20th, having crossed the river at Pace´s Fy., July 27, 1864, moved E. to this intersection with Mt. Paran & Ridgewood roads. The 20th A.C. went into camp that night 2 mi. N.E. on Mt. Paran. The 14th camped on the ridge S. of this point ~ both corps facing the valley of Nancy´s Creek to the Eastward.
July 18. Two 20th A.C. regts. (13th N.J. & 82d Ohio) were sent N.E. in support of Howard´s 4th A.C. on Power´s Fy. Rd., at its passage of Nancy´s Creek, enroute to Buckhead.
Erected 1956 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 060-25B.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: War, US Civil. In addition, it is included in the Georgia Historical Society series list. A significant historical month for this entry is July 1878.
Location. 33° 51.249′ N, 84° 26.274′ W. Marker is in Atlanta, Georgia, in Fulton County. Marker is at the intersection of Paces Ferry Road NW and Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Atlanta GA 30327, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Paces Ferry United Methodist Church (a few steps from this marker); Federal Right Wing to Peachtree Creek (approx. 0.4 miles away); Union Defense Line (approx. 0.8 miles away); Palmer’s & Hooker’s A.C. Cross the Chattahoochee (approx. 0.8 miles away); Old Pace’s Ferry Road (approx. 0.9 miles away); The Errant Pontoon Bridge: Paces Ferry (approx. 1.1 miles away); The 14th & 20th A.C. Cross at Pace's Ferry (approx. 1.1 miles away); a different marker also named The 14th & 20th A.C. Cross at Pace’s Ferry (approx. 1.1 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Atlanta.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on December 10, 2008, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 1,060 times since then. Photos: 1. submitted on December 10, 2008, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. 2. submitted on January 5, 2012, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.