Near Valmeyer in Monroe County, Illinois — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Eagle Cliff / Miles Cemetery
The first person to be buried in Eagle Cliff Graveyard was Rachel Bond, wife of Judge Shardrach Bond, Sr. on March 17, 1806.
The vault was built for Stephen W. Miles, in 1858 Major Yrasillon for the sum of 25,000.
The most recent burial was Charles Louer in 1978.
Founded in 1994
Erected by Eagle Cliff / Miles Cemetery, Inc.
Location. 38° 21.76′ N, 90° 15.57′ W. Marker is near Valmeyer, Illinois, in Monroe County. Marker is on Eagle Cliff Cemetry Road 0.2 miles west of Local Road D, on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 7741 D Road, Waterloo IL 62298, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 7 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Bond (approx. 1.1 miles away); Salem-Baum Evangelical Church (approx. 5½ miles away); Veterans Memorial for All Wars Peterstown and the Merchant Prince (approx. 6.1 miles away); Ford Monument (approx. 6.1 miles away); Holy Cross Lutheran Church of Wartburg (approx. 6.1 miles away); The Schmitt-Nobbe Building (approx. 6.1 miles away); Col. William R. Morrison (approx. 6.2 miles away).
Categories. • Cemeteries & Burial Sites • Women •
More. Search the internet for Eagle Cliff / Miles Cemetery.
Credits. This page was last revised on December 13, 2019. This page originally submitted on December 13, 2019, by Thomas Smith of Waterloo, Ill. This page has been viewed 48 times since then and 2 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on December 13, 2019, by Thomas Smith of Waterloo, Ill. • Devry Becker Jones was the editor who published this page.