Near Blair in Fairfield County, South Carolina — The American South (South Atlantic)
junction of Beaver Creek
and Reedy Branch
built in 1760 by
as a refuge from the
Erected 1938 by Richard Winn Chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Forts and Castles • War, French and Indian. In addition, it is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR) series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1760.
Location. 34° 28.548′ N, 81° 19.578′ W. Marker is near Blair, South Carolina, in Fairfield County. Marker is on State Highway 215, 0.1 miles north of Fort Wagner Road, on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Blair SC 29015, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 10 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Battle of Mobley's Meeting House (approx. 1.9 miles away); John Hugh Means/William Harper (approx. 1.9 miles away); Feasterville Female and Male Academy (approx. 2.7 miles away); R. Aubrey Harley BridgeFish Dam Battle Ground (approx. 9.7 miles away); Battle of Fishdam Ford (approx. 9.8 miles away); Ebenezer Methodist Church (approx. 9.8 miles away); Colonel William Farr (approx. 10 miles away).
Regarding Fort Wagner. Fort site is off the road and deep in the woods
Credits. This page was last revised on November 15, 2020. It was originally submitted on December 13, 2008, by Michael Sean Nix of Spartanburg, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 3,274 times since then and 129 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on December 13, 2008, by Michael Sean Nix of Spartanburg, South Carolina. 3, 4. submitted on November 9, 2020, by Tom Bosse of Jefferson City, Tennessee. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.