Tillson in Ulster County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
patent granted to the
Huguenot settlers of
New Paltz, in 1677, is
one half mile west.
Erected 1935 by State Education Department.
Location. 41° 49.779′ N, 74° 4.582′ W. Marker is in Tillson, New York, in Ulster County. Marker is at the intersection of Springtown Road (County Route 7) and Maple Avenue, on the right when traveling south on Springtown Road. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Tillson NY 12486, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Tillson House (approx. 0.3 miles away); Meeting House (approx. 0.6 miles away); Rosendale Tourist Info (approx. 1.1 miles away); Rosendale Library (approx. 1.1 miles away); Fording Place (approx. 1.1 miles away); D&H Canal (approx. 1.2 miles away); First Church (approx. 2½ miles away); Newkirk Tavern (approx. 2.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Tillson.
Categories. • Colonial Era • Settlements & Settlers •
More. Search the internet for Tawaeri Taqui.
Credits. This page was last revised on January 7, 2020. This page originally submitted on January 3, 2020, by Steve Stoessel of Niskayuna, New York. This page has been viewed 50 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on January 3, 2020, by Steve Stoessel of Niskayuna, New York. • Michael Herrick was the editor who published this page.