Cherry Valley in Otsego County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
First Presbyterian Church
Dunlop. The first English speaking church west
of the Hudson. Dunlop, a reverend and
a scholar, was brought here by John Lindesay.
This is the fifth building, dedicated in 1873.
Erected by Cherry Valley Chamber of Commerce.
Location. 42° 47.735′ N, 74° 45.313′ W. Marker is in Cherry Valley, New York, in Otsego County. Marker is on Alden Street (New York State Route 166) south of Genesee Street, on the left when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 56 Alden Street, Cherry Valley NY 13320, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Civil War Monument (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Cherry Valley Massacre (about 600 feet away); Limestone Mansion (approx. 0.2 miles away); Cherry Valley Museum (approx. ¼ mile away); a different marker also named Cherry Valley Museum (approx. ¼ mile away); a different marker also named Cherry Valley Museum Colonel Alden Felled (approx. 0.3 miles away); Lieutenant Wormuth Killed (approx. 2.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Cherry Valley.
Categories. • Churches & Religion • Colonial Era •
More. Search the internet for First Presbyterian Church.
Credits. This page was last revised on January 11, 2020. This page originally submitted on January 8, 2020, by Steve Stoessel of Niskayuna, New York. This page has been viewed 24 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on January 8, 2020, by Steve Stoessel of Niskayuna, New York. • Michael Herrick was the editor who published this page.