Mound City in Pulaski County, Illinois — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
The Old Fire Bell
Dedicated by the Mound City Woman's Club this 26th day of June 1954. To the Citizens of Mound City 100 years hence, who are requested to open it on the City's 200th Anniversary.
Erected 1954 by Mound City Woman's Club.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: War, US Civil. In addition, it is included in the Historic Bells 🔔 series list. A significant historical month for this entry is June 1954.
Location. 37° 5.022′ N, 89° 9.885′ W. Marker is in Mound City, Illinois, in Pulaski County. Marker is at the intersection of Walnut Street (Illinois Route 37) and Park Avenue, on the right when traveling south on Walnut Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 307 Walnut Street, Mound City IL 62963, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow fliesThe Marine Ways (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); United States Military Hospital (about 700 feet away); America's Medal Of Honor Memorial Tree (approx. ¾ mile away); Navy Seabees Memorial (approx. ¾ mile away); A National Cemetery System (approx. ¾ mile away); Mound City National Cemetery (approx. ¾ mile away); Confederate Soldiers Memorial (approx. 0.8 miles away); Cairo, Illinois (approx. 2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Mound City.
Credits. This page was last revised on January 26, 2020. It was originally submitted on January 24, 2020, by Jason Voigt of Glen Carbon, Illinois. This page has been viewed 76 times since then and 2 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on January 24, 2020, by Jason Voigt of Glen Carbon, Illinois. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.