Near McDonough in Henry County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Erected 1981 by Georgia Department of Natural Resources. (Marker Number 075-9.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Churches & Religion War, US Civil. In addition, it is included in the Georgia Historical Society series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1823.
Location. 33° 29.152′ N, 84° 8.655′ W. Marker is near McDonough, Georgia, in Henry County. Marker is at the intersection of Decatur Road (Georgia Route 155) and Shingle Roof Drive, on the right when traveling south on Decatur Road. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: McDonough GA 30253, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The Right Wing at McDonough (approx. 2.1 miles away); Henry County (approx. 2.6 miles away); Ola Schoolhouse (approx. 3.3 miles away); Detached Cookhouse (approx. 3.3 miles away); McDonough Public Library (approx. 3.3 miles away); Clements Log Cabin (approx. 3.3 miles away); Steam Locomotive (approx. 3.3 miles away); Lane's Place (approx. 3.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in McDonough.
Credits. This page was last revised on January 31, 2020. It was originally submitted on December 19, 2008, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 1,591 times since then and 9 times this year. Photo 1. submitted on December 19, 2008, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.
Editor’s want-list for this marker. A wide shot of the marker and its surroundings. • Can you help?