Near Union Springs in Cayuga County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Known to be the site of
an early Jesuit mission
Erected 1932 by State Education Department.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Churches & Religion • Native Americans.
Location. 42° 48.608′ N, 76° 42.044′ W. Marker is near Union Springs, New York, in Cayuga County. Marker is on New York State Route 90, 0.1 miles Great Gully Road, on the left when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Union Springs NY 13160, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Routes of the Armies (a few steps from this marker); Cayuga Castle (a few steps from this marker); Missionaries To The Cayuga (within shouting distance of this marker); a different marker also named Cayuga Castle (approx. 0.2 miles away); The Frontenac (approx. half a mile away); Old Quarries (approx. 1.1 miles away); John Irving (approx. 1.6 miles away); Zobedia Alleman (approx. 2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Union Springs.
Credits. This page was last revised on February 27, 2020. It was originally submitted on February 26, 2020, by Steve Stoessel of Niskayuna, New York. This page has been viewed 316 times since then and 102 times this year. Photo 1. submitted on February 26, 2020, by Steve Stoessel of Niskayuna, New York. • Michael Herrick was the editor who published this page.
Editor’s want-list for this marker. A wide angle photo of the marker and its surroundings. • Can you help?