New Paltz in Ulster County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Site of Elting Cemetery. Jacob Elting's descendants donated this meadow and family cemetery to the village in 2017. One of the earliest families of New Paltz, these Eltings gave the Bevier-Elting House and the Harcourt Sanctuary to the Huguenot Historical Society and also contributed the Elting Memorial Library building. Their gift of the Sanctuary to the HHS enabled the creation of the Nyquist-Harcourt Wildlife Sanctuary.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Cemeteries & Burial Sites • Settlements & Settlers. A significant historical year for this entry is 2017.
Location. 41° 45.453′ N, 74° 5.155′ W. Marker is in New Paltz, New York, in Ulster County. Marker is on Huguenot Street half a mile north of Mulberry Street, on the left when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: New Paltz NY 12561, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. African-American Burial Ground (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); 1786 (approx. 0.2 miles away); Freer House (approx. 0.3 miles away); Hasbrouck House (approx. 0.4 miles away); The Reformed ChurchDie Pfalz (approx. 0.4 miles away); Stone Church-1773 (approx. 0.4 miles away); Bevier House (approx. 0.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in New Paltz.
Credits. This page was last revised on March 4, 2020. It was originally submitted on March 1, 2020, by Steve Stoessel of Niskayuna, New York. This page has been viewed 56 times since then and 8 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on March 1, 2020, by Steve Stoessel of Niskayuna, New York. • Michael Herrick was the editor who published this page.