Eldorado in Saline County, Illinois — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Erected by Saline County Historical Society.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Railroads & Streetcars • Roads & Vehicles • Settlements & Settlers. A significant historical year for this entry is 1857.
Location. 37° 48.738′ N, 88° 26.507′ W. Marker is in Eldorado, Illinois, in Saline County. Marker is on Locust Street west of 1st Street, on the right when traveling west. Marker is located at the old Eldorado City Hall, now a museum. It is mounted on a brick wall where the stairs are. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1604 Locust Street, Eldorado IL 62930, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 8 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The "British Invasion" Begins (approx. ¼ mile away); Homestead of Judge Samuel Elder (approx. 0.4 miles away); Meeting House (approx. one mile away); The Kaskaskia Trail (approx. one mile away); Ingersoll Law Office (approx. 5.1 miles away); Dr. Lewis and the Lewis Sanatorium (approx. 7.2 miles away); Virginia Gregg (approx. 7.2 miles away); Harrisburg City Hall (approx. 7.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Eldorado.
Regarding Eldorado. The old Eldorado City Hall was placed on the National Register of Historic Places on November 7, 1995 (#95001237).
Also see . . . Eldorado City Hall on Wikipedia. Wiki page for the marker's location, which is now a local history museum. (Submitted on March 10, 2020, by Jason Voigt of Glen Carbon, Illinois.)
Credits. This page was last revised on March 10, 2020. It was originally submitted on March 10, 2020, by Jason Voigt of Glen Carbon, Illinois. This page has been viewed 310 times since then and 103 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on March 10, 2020, by Jason Voigt of Glen Carbon, Illinois. • Devry Becker Jones was the editor who published this page.