Lakeland in Lanier County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Erected 1958 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 086-3.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 31° 2.863′ N, 83° 2.137′ W. Marker is in Lakeland, Georgia, in Lanier County. Marker is at the intersection of U.S. 221 and Old River Road, on the right when traveling west on U.S. 221. Marker is on Old River Road, at the intersection Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Lakeland GA 31635, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 10 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Burnt Church (approx. 1.8 miles away); Union Church Cemetery (approx. 1.8 miles away); Union Baptist Church (approx. 2.3 miles away); Lanier County (approx. 2.4 miles away); Home of Governor E. D. Rivers (approx. 3.4 miles away); Joshua Lee (approx. 3.7 miles away); First Court in Clinch County (approx. 9.6 miles away); Bethany Baptist Church (approx. 9.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Lakeland.
Categories. • Antebellum South, US • Cemeteries & Burial Sites • Churches & Religion •
More. Search the internet for Fender Cemetery.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on December 24, 2008, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 1,588 times since then. Photos: 1. submitted on December 24, 2008, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. 2, 3, 4. submitted on February 12, 2010, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.