Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Near Aberdeen in Harford County, Maryland — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
 

Spesutia P. E. Church

Old Post Road

— Established 1666 —

 
 
Old Post Road: Spesutia P. E. Church Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By William Pfingsten, June 24, 2007
1. Old Post Road: Spesutia P. E. Church Marker
Inscription.  Founded in 1671. First church erected at Gravelly near Michaelsville, the three succeeding churches erected on the present location, one mile south of this point. Colonial vestry house erected 1766.
 
Erected 1933 by the Governor William Paca Chapter D.A.R. Harford County, MD.
 
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Cemeteries & Burial SitesChurches & ReligionColonial EraNotable Buildings. In addition, it is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR) series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1666.
 
Location. Marker has been reported missing. It was located near 39° 29.259′ N, 76° 11.483′ W. Marker was near Aberdeen, Maryland, in Harford County. Marker was at the intersection of Old Philadelphia Road (Maryland Route 7) and Perryman Road (Maryland Route 159) on Old Philadelphia Road. Road has been realigned and intersection has been changed to a traffic circle. Touch for map. Marker was in this post office area: Aberdeen MD 21001, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
within 3 miles of this location, measured as the crow flies. Spesutia Church (approx. 1.2 miles away); James B. Baker House (approx. 2 miles away); Aberdeen Proving Ground (approx. 2 miles away); This is a Section of “The General’s Highway” (approx. 2.1 miles away); Aberdeen Proving Ground Memorial (approx. 2.2 miles away); Aberdeen 9/11 Memorial (approx. 2.2 miles away); 2008 Restoration of P.B. & W. Railroad Crossing and Later Pennsylvania Railroad Watchman's Shed (approx. 2.2 miles away); Hall’s Cross Roads (approx. 2.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Aberdeen.
 
More about this marker. P.E. was a common abbreviation for “Protestant Episcopal”
 
Today’s Spesutia Church: St. George's Episcopal image. Click for full size.
Photographed By William Pfingsten, June 24, 2007
2. Today’s Spesutia Church: St. George's Episcopal
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on March 21, 2020. It was originally submitted on June 24, 2007, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland. This page has been viewed 2,724 times since then and 9 times this year. Last updated on March 20, 2020, by Carl Gordon Moore Jr. of North East, Maryland. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on June 24, 2007, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=146955

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
U.S. FTC REQUIRED NOTICE: This website earns income from purchases you make after using links to Amazon.com. Thank you.
Paid Advertisements
Feb. 25, 2024