Chillicothe in Ross County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
First Court of Ross County
Erected by Nathaniel Massie Chapter, Daughters of the American Revolution.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Government & Politics • Notable Places • Settlements & Settlers. In addition, it is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR) series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1798.
Location. 39° 20.047′ N, 82° 59.139′ W. Marker is in Chillicothe, Ohio, in Ross County. Marker is at the intersection of 2nd Street and Walnut Street, on the left when traveling east on 2nd Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 64 N Walnut St, Chillicothe OH 45601, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Abrams' Big House (here, next to this marker); The Chillicothe Gazette (about 700 feet away, measured in a direct line); Home of Chillicothe Newspapers (about 700 feet away); Historic Site in Journalism (about 700 feet away); A Replica of Ohio's First Capitol (about 700 feet away); Quinn Chapel African Methodist Episcopal (A.M.E.) Church (about 800 feet away); Donald E. McHenry (approx. 0.2 miles away); Ross Couty Revolutionary War Memorial (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Chillicothe.
Credits. This page was last revised on October 18, 2020. It was originally submitted on December 27, 2008, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 660 times since then and 17 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on December 23, 2008, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.