Saint John in Saint John County, New Brunswick — The Atlantic Provinces
Saint John 225th Anniversary Clock
It also recognizes May 18th, celebrated in Saint John as Loyalist Day, for the arrival of the first of over 10,000 Loyalists, refugees from the newly-independent American States in 1783.
This Clock was officially presented to the City of Saint John on May 18, 2010 by Commercial Properties Limited.
The gift was unveiled by:
His Worship Ivan Court, Mayor of Saint John;
His Honour, the Honourable Graydon Nicholas,
Lieutenant Governor of New Brunswick;
the Honourable John D. Wallace, Senate of Canada; and by
John K. F. Irving, President of Commercial Properties Limited.
Elle symbolise aussi le jour des Loyalistes, célèbre le 18 mai à Saint John, en hommage à l’arrivée des premiers réfugiés loyalistes parmi
Cette horloge a été présentée officiellement à la Ville de Saint John le 18 mai 2010 par Commercial Properties Limited.
Ce cadeau a été dévoilé par :
Son Honneur, monsieur le maire de Saint John, Ivan Court;
Son Honneur, l’honourable Graydon Nicholas,
lieutenant-gouverneur du Nouveau-Brunswick;
l’honourable John D. Wallace, member du Sénat du Canada;
et John K. F. Irving, président de Commercial Properties Limited.
Erected 2010 by Commercial Properties Limited.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Colonial Era • War, US Revolutionary. A significant historical date for this entry is May 18, 1785.
Location. 45° 16.364′ N, 66° 3.728′ W. Marker is in Saint John, New Brunswick, in Saint John County. Marker is on King Street just east of Prince William Street, on the right when traveling east. Marker is mounted at waist-level near the northwest corner of the building at this address, facing King Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 2 King Street, Saint John, New Brunswick E2L 1G2, Canada. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Centerbeam Place (here, next to this marker); Prince William Street - Before and After the 1877 Fire (a few steps from this marker); A Legacy of Tea / Du thé en héritageScottish Strength (within shouting distance of this marker); The Marco Polo (within shouting distance of this marker); Here Stood the House Occupied by Benedict Arnold (within shouting distance of this marker); The Landing of the Loyalists (about 120 meters away, measured in a direct line); First Steam Fog Horn (about 120 meters away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Saint John.
Also see . . . Saint John, New Brunswick (Wikipedia). In 1785, the City of Saint John was established by uniting the two towns of Parrtown and Carleton on each side of the harbour after the arrival of thousands of refugees from the American Revolution who wished to remain British and were forced to leave their U.S. homes. (Submitted on April 9, 2020, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida.)
Credits. This page was last revised on April 9, 2020. It was originally submitted on April 9, 2020, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida. This page has been viewed 66 times since then and 10 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on April 9, 2020, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida.