Dallas in Dallas County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Cochran Chapel Cemetery
This cemetery began in 1853 with the burials of Sarah Jane and William M. Cochran, the infant daughter and husband of Nancy Jane Hughes Cochran. Among the many Dallas County pioneers buried here are four of Nancy Jane's sisters and their husbands who came from Tennessee in the 1840s and 1850s: Thomas C. and Sarah Williams, Obadiah and Serena Knight, George and Amanda Record, and John B. and Margaret Bachman.
Erected 1995 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 6651.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Cemeteries & Burial Sites • Settlements & Settlers.
Location. 32° 51.728′ N, 96° 50.176′ W. Marker is in Dallas, Texas, in Dallas County. Marker is on Midway Road, on the right when traveling south. The marker is south of the church at the cemetery entrance. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 9027 Midway Road, Dallas TX 75220, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Cochran Chapel Methodist Church (here, next to this marker); W. P. Cochran Homeplace (about 500 Garvin Memorial Cemetery (approx. half a mile away); Ursuline Academy (approx. 1½ miles away); Love Field Airman Memorial (approx. 1½ miles away); Texas’ First Airmail and Passenger Service (approx. 1½ miles away); Love Field (approx. 1½ miles away); Oath of Office of President Johnson (approx. 1½ miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Dallas.
Credits. This page was last revised on May 4, 2020. It was originally submitted on May 3, 2020, by Kayla Harper of Dallas, Texas. This page has been viewed 75 times since then and 5 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on May 3, 2020, by Kayla Harper of Dallas, Texas. • J. Makali Bruton was the editor who published this page.