Madison in Madison County, Florida — The American South (South Atlantic)
Seminole Indian War Blockhouse
Erected 1973 by The Senior, Junior and Business Woman's Clubs of Madison County in cooperation with The Madison County Historical Society.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Wars, US Indian. A significant historical year for this entry is 1835.
Location. 30° 28.175′ N, 83° 24.748′ W. Marker is in Madison, Florida, in Madison County. Marker is on East Base Street (U.S. 90) east of Northeast Range Avenue, on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Madison FL 32340, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The Four Freedoms Monument (a few steps from this marker); Captain Richard G. Bradford (within shouting distance of this marker); Dial-Goza HouseSt. Mary's Episcopal Church (about 500 feet away); Captain Colin P. Kelly, Jr. (about 500 feet away); W.T. Davis Building (about 700 feet away); City of Madison (approx. 0.2 miles away); St. Johns Seminary of Learning (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Madison.
Credits. This page was last revised on May 5, 2020. It was originally submitted on May 4, 2020, by Tim Fillmon of Webster, Florida. This page has been viewed 144 times since then and 56 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on May 4, 2020, by Tim Fillmon of Webster, Florida. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.