Madison in Madison County, Florida — The American South (South Atlantic)
City of Madison
Frontier Newtown or Madison Court House
Erected 1972 by The Madison City Commission in Cooperation with Department of State. (Marker Number F-192.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Agriculture • Education. A significant historical date for this entry is May 2, 1838.
Location. 30° 28.063′ N, 83° 24.828′ W. Marker is in Madison, Florida, in Madison County. Marker is at the intersection of Southwest Rutledge Street and Southwest Horry Avenue, on the right when traveling east on Southwest Rutledge Street. Marker is located in front of city hall. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 321 Southwest Rutledge Street, Madison FL 32340, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least W.T. Davis Building (within shouting distance of this marker); Captain Colin P. Kelly, Jr. (about 700 feet away, measured in a direct line); The Four Freedoms Monument (about 800 feet away); Captain Richard G. Bradford (about 800 feet away); Seminole Indian War Blockhouse (approx. 0.2 miles away); The Wardlaw-Smith House (approx. 0.2 miles away); Wardlaw-Smith-Goza Conference Center (approx. 0.2 miles away); St. Mary's Episcopal Church (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Madison.
Credits. This page was last revised on May 6, 2020. It was originally submitted on May 5, 2020, by Tim Fillmon of Webster, Florida. This page has been viewed 67 times since then and 9 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on May 5, 2020, by Tim Fillmon of Webster, Florida. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.