San Marcos in Hays County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Farmers Union Gin Company
Erected 1981 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 10264.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Agriculture • Industry & Commerce. A significant historical year for this entry is 1908.
Location. 29° 52.536′ N, 97° 56.478′ W. Marker is in San Marcos, Texas, in Hays County. Marker is on West Grove Street west of South Guadalupe Street, on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 120 W Grove St, San Marcos TX 78666, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Southside School (approx. 0.2 miles away); Wesley Chapel A. M. E. Church (approx. Eddie Durham (approx. 0.3 miles away); Ulysses Cephas (approx. 0.3 miles away); The Calaboose (approx. 0.3 miles away); Dunbar School (approx. 0.4 miles away); Lucious Jackson Basketball Court (approx. 0.4 miles away); Ragsdale-Jackman-Yarbrough House (approx. 0.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in San Marcos.
Regarding Farmers Union Gin Company. The Farmers Union Gin Company building was listed on the National Register of Historic Places on August 26, 1983.
Credits. This page was last revised on May 13, 2020. It was originally submitted on May 13, 2020, by Larry D. Moore of Del Valle, Texas. This page has been viewed 304 times since then and 160 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on May 13, 2020, by Larry D. Moore of Del Valle, Texas.