Cumberland Township in Adams County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
146th New York Infantry
— 3d Brigade, 2nd Division, 5th Corps —
3d Brigade, 2d Division,
Col's Garrard, Jenkins, Grindlay.
Maj. Gen. Meade
observed the battle
for a time
on July 3d.
Erected 1888 by State of New York.
Topics. This memorial is listed in this topic list: War, US Civil. A significant historical date for this entry is July 2, 1863.
Location. 39° 47.563′ N, 77° 14.199′ W. Marker is in Cumberland Township, Pennsylvania, in Adams County. Memorial can be reached from Sykes Avenue, on the left when traveling north. Located at stop 8, Little Round Top, on the driving tour of Gettysburg National Military Park. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Gettysburg PA 17325, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Warren (a few steps from this marker); Signal Corps U.S.A. (within shouting distance of this marker); 155th Pennsylvania VolunteersThe Eye of General Warren (within shouting distance of this marker); The Union Fishhook (within shouting distance of this marker); Third Brigade (within shouting distance of this marker); The Valley of Death (within shouting distance of this marker); 91st Pennsylvania Infantry (within shouting distance of this marker). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Cumberland Township.
Also see . . . 146th New York Infantry. Service record with links to a historical sketch and other resources about the regiment. The regiment was also known as the "Halleck Infantry" in honor of Maj. Gen. Henry Wager Halleck who hailed from Oneida, New York. (Submitted on January 3, 2009, by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia.)
Credits. This page was last revised on December 2, 2020. It was originally submitted on January 3, 2009, by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia. This page has been viewed 1,348 times since then and 11 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. submitted on January 3, 2009, by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia.