Near Buckholts in Milam County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
(Nov. 21, 1844 - Feb. 9, 1945)
Erected 1982 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 7994.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Settlements & Settlers • War, US Civil. A significant historical year for this entry is 1925.
Location. 30° 45.02′ N, 97° 8.306′ W. Marker is near Buckholts, Texas, in Milam County. Marker is on Farm to Market Road 487, 0.4 miles west of Farm to Market Road 486. Marker is in the northwest quadrant of the Sharp Cemetery. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Buckholts TX 76518, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Sharp Cemetery (within shouting distance of this marker); Sharp General Store (approx. Sharp (approx. 1.1 miles away); Sharp Presbyterian Church (approx. 1.3 miles away); Apache Pass River Crossing (approx. 4.2 miles away); Site of Mission San Francisco Xavier de Los Dolores (approx. 4.3 miles away); Site of the Mission Nuestra Señora de la Candelaria (approx. 4½ miles away); Site of the Mission San Ildefonso (approx. 5.1 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Buckholts.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 2, 2020. It was originally submitted on June 2, 2020, by Larry D. Moore of Del Valle, Texas. This page has been viewed 146 times since then and 39 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on June 2, 2020, by Larry D. Moore of Del Valle, Texas.