Waxahachie in Ellis County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Homesite of Dr. D.G. Thompson
Erected 1985 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 7072.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Science & Medicine. A significant historical year for this entry is 1882.
Location. 32° 23.225′ N, 96° 51.057′ W. Marker is in Waxahachie, Texas, in Ellis County. Marker is on West Main Street (Business U.S. 287) west of South Monroe Street, on the left when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 417 W Main S, Waxahachie TX 75165, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. First Presbyterian Church Building (within shouting distance of this marker); N. P. Sims Library and Lyceum Ellis County Woman's Building (Davis Hall) (about 600 feet away); The Mahoney-Thompson House (approx. 0.2 miles away); 114 South Rodgers Street (approx. 0.2 miles away); The Marchman Building (approx. 0.2 miles away); Ellis County Confederate War Memorial (approx. 0.2 miles away); Old Ellis County Jail (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Waxahachie.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 10, 2020. It was originally submitted on June 10, 2020, by Larry D. Moore of Del Valle, Texas. This page has been viewed 270 times since then and 85 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on June 10, 2020, by Larry D. Moore of Del Valle, Texas.